Ensure your glass is half full this Madiba Day by hosting an intimate fundraiser in your living room and supporting Care Protect Invest South Africa’s (CPI SA) worthy cause: helping others.
“With everything negative happening in South Africa at the moment — flooding our news and conversations — CPI SA came up with a brilliant idea to take your mind off things by making you feel purposeful and encouraging you to spend quality time with your loved-ones. In honour of our former president, Nelson Mandela, we are launching the ‘Everyone deserves a break on Mandiba Day’ campaign as a community project,” says Dinah Bronkhorst, executive head of CPI SA.
The campaign’s name alludes to both South Africans but most importantly SA’s less fortunate children needing a break. Empowering, educating and uplifting underprivileged kids are the heartbeat of CPI SA. Their sustainable programmes, feeding schemes and foster care model are committed in changing the fate of these children and making SA a better place.
Individuals who are willing to host an intimate fundraiser at their homes can do so by following these easy steps:
- Download your free, custom made invitation on CPI SA’s website (https://cpi-sa.org.za/mandela-day/).
- Choose your cause: donate R67 or make a physical contribution (blankets, books, toys, clothes, stationary, groceries, etc.)
- Send it to a handful of closest friends or family.
- Boil the kettle!
- Make some memories.
- Deposit your money electronically on CPI SA’s website (https://cpi-sa.org.za/donate/) or send your donation via PAXI to Pep Elarduspark.
- Upload a picture or selfie on social media using any of the following: #CoffeeWithACause #lightentheload #MadibaDayPurpose #CareProtectInvestSA #MadibaYAY #CPISA
“Obviously everyone needs to adhere to Covid-19 protocol. That is why we chose something easy that might be part of your weekly routine anyway. We wanted to take something you enjoy and make it meaningful, but stress-free to partake in,” Bronkhorst explains.
The main aim of the event is to raise awareness and money to buy toiletries for needy children.
“Warm your heart this winter by adding a cause to that cup of tea or coffee you enjoy with your friends and family. R67 might not seem a lot, but it most definitely will put a smile on a child’s face! Together we can make a difference,” says Bronkhorst.
For media enquiries contact:
Dinah Bronkhorst – Executive Head
Cell: 072 126 1158